Playful Learning Pediatric Therapy, LLC provides a very unique and specialized service with locations in both Eagle River and Wasilla. With a staff of Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists, PLPT helps children overcome developmental delays, injuries and other hardships to reach their full potential. They accomplish this through a range of specialized activities and therapies proven to be effective. Playful Learning Pediatric Therapy also encourages staff to partake in continuing education classes to be informed of the latest advances and techniques in pediatric therapy.
Both the Eagle River and Wasilla pediatric therapy clinics include a bright, open floor plan with approved therapy equipment, toys and games to assist the child in accomplishing and enjoying any of life’s daily activities.
Areas of child development addressed include, but are not limited to:
- General developmental delay/delay in developmental milestones
- Challenges with fine motor skills
- Delays in gross motor skills
- Trouble with reading/writing
- Decreased motor control
- Decreased eye hand coordination
- Difficulty transitioning or accepting change in environment or routine
- Difficulty with visual perception
- Overly sensitive to sensory input
- Under responsive to sensory input
- Touches people or objects constantly (seeking sensory input)
- Crashes and/or bangs into people or objects
- Falls often (poor balance)
- Difficulty calming self
- Difficulty with sleeping
- Difficulty with eating and food choices (picky and problem feeders)
- Delayed oral motor skills (challenges with suck/swallow, breast feeding, slow bottle feeding, difficulties with chewing/gagging with foods)
- Difficulty with sitting still, attention, and/or behavior
- Emotional reactivity
- Reactive to feel of clothing, baths, haircuts, nail cutting, or tooth brushing
- Limited play skills
- Poor social development
- Limited independence in self care skills
These different areas of child development can be improved by either or both of Occupational Therapy (OT) and Physical Therapy (PT). For more information about these areas of pediatric therapy you can read more on the Playful Learning Pediatric Therapy website.
As a client of AKSYS, Playful Learning needed to revamp and drastically upgrade a pre-existing website. That site had been developed by a friend who utilized a solid, graphic layout with fixed buttons. AKSYS created a new site using WordPress for overall easy of use and functionality, and a theme that has built-in mobile responsive features. What looked like a picture-perfect theme turned out to be a challenge to setup with incorrect documentation, features that did not work upon initial installation, responsiveness that was not quite right on different mobile devices and some other issues. Fortunately our experience and expertise came in handy as we sorted out the bugs and delivered a fully-functional, dynamic website to our client. AKSYS also provided writing services to improve overall content. Playful Learning Therapy, LLC now looks more professional and progressive than any of their area competitors or piers, and we’re expecting Google and other search engines to love our SEO efforts and ongoing SEO work. Getting the new site ranked high in search engines is a new focus.
Congratulations to Playful Learning Pediatric Therapy, LLC on the success of your business, for your dedication to provide a much-needed service in the Eagle River and Wasilla communities, and of course for your new website!