Having been involved with Erin Kirkland’s blog, AKontheGO.com, for some years now and more recently created custom maps for her new book, Alaska On the Go: Exploring the 49th State with Children, the next task was to create a specific website for book sales and online ordering.
The Alaska On the GO website took approximately one week to complete and includes the following features:
- Simple homepage that directs visitors to ordering
- Basic events and retail book ordering information
- The author’s book introduction
- A preview of the book using a modern, animated method to flip through select pages
- Links to various social networking sites the author uses
- An eCommerce solution built into the site which allows for fast ordering, credit card processing using PayPal, and a built-in customer and order information center
Using her blog and Facebook, the author was able to notify her growing list of readers, friends and family that her book was now available for pre-orders. Pre-orders were offered at the retail cost but included a free signature. From that point on, as ordering commenced, the process was simple. Kirkland was able to sit back, relax, and collect the cash flow. With a record of all orders she was then able to confidently order her own stock of books from the distribution company and already had the cash in hand to cover her costs.
About Alaska On the GO: Exploring the 49th State with Children
Find over 300 pages filled with insightful travel tips, community highlights, photos, fun parent and kid quotes, maps, and the sort of advice only an Alaskan parent and experienced traveler can provide. Alaska on the GO: Exploring the 49th State with Children is written in Erin Kirkland’s usual style with a blend of humor and sincerity that makes this travel book a joy to read while being a valuable tool to help your family make the most of your Alaska adventure.